Thread: (Released) ff_flag4sky
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
This map is super neato. I really like the style and the floatyness. Of course that means it can only have so many players before it starts to lag out like crazy, but not all maps need to be 20-32 player maps

Anyhow, took a quick look around and here's what I found:
1. Change the backpacks in each base to be team backpacks. yellow_bigpack, red_bigpack, etc. instead of just bigpack. As it is now, other teams can grab the packs in your base and totally restore their health. This worries me, since I could pipejump from base to base (with about 5 health left), then heal up at that base and pipe jump back.
2. The arches as you leave the spawn/flag area are very low, you can't really jump when you're under them. I didn't know if this was intentional to slow enemies down, but I wanted to bring it up.
3. Some of the walkways seem very narrow. In contrast to most FF maps where players are always flying around at mach 12, it seems like people on ff_flag4sky will be concerned with just not falling off the map.. intentional? or maybe widen some pathways (esp. the lower ones) or even add railing (though itd be ugly)
4. the entire map has grass, except the four circular platforms separate from the rest of the map. Why don't they have grass? Seems strange.

Anyhow, I think its a blast and I look forward to playing it on some FF server, fo' sho'

Way to explore new map themes!

EDIT: oh, and change the name to something unique :P

Last edited by Imbrifer; 10-01-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote