Thread: (Released) FF_Meltdown (ex-ff_rmpfort2)
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #83
ViLE
fastest pipe in the east

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to ViLE Send a message via AIM to ViLE
very impressive visuals, incredibly detailed and orgasmic to the eyes.

On to the flaws!
playing this map is ridiculous.

With the way SGs are in the game, you can build a gun on top of the bag in the flagroom and it will almost never ever go down. It's like infinite cells but on top of that the gun tracks in the flagroom fast enough to make the other members of the D practically obsolete. The bag needs to either not be there, give not full life and armor, give not a bajillion cells, or have a long long respawn.
I vote for the fabled ten bag. ten life and ten armor and ten ammos!

I'm not sure how many players you intended to play in the map, but when played in a 3v3 scrimmage it was awful. It takes forever for the Offense to get to the enemy base, and there are very limited conc spots to shorten your return.
I propose you make spawns for the offense classes like Spy, Medic, and Scout! (pyro/sniper up to your discretion)

From what I saw, it seems the map could really shine in a 9v9 situation. I think the 7v7 might still be too small; the ramp room is very crazy and in a smaller game it makes the defense tend to lean towards all flagroom D.

The blue base was not equally as detailed as the red base was. By that, I mean the red base was more detailed, but that is not to say the blue base was not detailed. It was very nice but the red base really gives you a molten feel while the blue base makes you just feel like you are in a walk-in fridge. Fucking badass all the same.

As for the hallways, a soldier or a pipetrap makes the halls nigh impassable, what with the claustrophic concing involved and lofty positions to hide from in the flagroom.
I must suggest raising the height a smidgeon or tridgeon!

more tridgeons when i find the smidgeons!!

P.S. please work on the map because we love it and we love you too
ViLE is offline   Reply With Quote