Thread: (Released) FF_Meltdown (ex-ff_rmpfort2)
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #89
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchupacabra
Sorry for the disappointment
Woaaah there chief, the map is great! I would say, at least before starting again from scratch, I would try making spawn 1 an offensive spawn and spawns 2 and 3 defensive spawns. Here's the LUA that I use, it's also easily modified.

Code:
red_o_only = function(self,player) return ((player:GetTeamId() == Team.kRed) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kScout) or (player:GetClass() == Player.kMedic) or (player:GetClass() == Player.kSpy))) end
red_d_only = function(self,player) return ((player:GetTeamId() == Team.kRed) and (((player:GetClass() == Player.kScout) == false) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kMedic) == false) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kSpy) == false))) end

red_ospawn = { validspawn = red_o_only }
red_dspawn = { validspawn = red_d_only }

blue_o_only = function(self,player) return ((player:GetTeamId() == Team.kBlue) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kScout) or (player:GetClass() == Player.kMedic) or (player:GetClass() == Player.kSpy))) end
blue_d_only = function(self,player) return ((player:GetTeamId() == Team.kBlue) and (((player:GetClass() == Player.kScout) == false) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kMedic) == false) and ((player:GetClass() == Player.kSpy) == false))) end

blue_ospawn = { validspawn = blue_o_only }
blue_dspawn = { validspawn = blue_d_only }
All you've got to do is change the name of your info_ff_teamspawns to blue_ospawn, blue_dspawn, red_ospawn, and red_dspawn and you've gone a long way to decreasing the time it takes for the offense to reach the enemy base.

One other thing I would do before starting over is to possibly remove the bag from the flag room. I don't feel it's needed, especially with how long it takes the offense to get inside the base.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote